Automated Casting & Cooling Lines
FMS offers two types of automated casting lines.
FMS Casting Line
The FMS Casting Line is an automated looping system using cast pallets that run on heavy-duty quickly removable wheels, this system uses an integral hydraulic ‘pull-on’ mechanism with an integral pneumatic ‘physical stop’ the system is fully automatic and fully expandable as the foundry grows.
The ‘TRANSLOOP’ is an automated looping system using fabricated pouring pallets with wheels built into the pallets, from our partners Transtek. This system uses a hydraulic ‘push on’ system mounted outside the track system and the opposite transfer car includes a ‘pull-on’ mechanism which locks the pouring pallet on to the transfer car.
Key Features of the TRANSLOOP Automatic Casting & Cooling Line
- Unique car and pallet design which allows for maintenance without stopping the production line
- There is an air gap between car and pallet for heat removal
- No hydraulics, pneumatics or electrics under or near lines so that each pallet can be used for pouring
- Mechanical docking of transfer cars to the lines, flawless indexing
- Laser monitoring or transfer car travel, absolute control and perfect positioning
- Independent pushed for each line
- Pusher position and proportional speed control, inverter-driven transfer car motors, smooth start and stop
- Can be adapted to fit any reclamation system with wipe off station and/or hydraulic tilting station
- PLC automatic operation
- 10″ full-colour HMI touchscreen on the operator panel & 10″ CCTV monitoring at either side of the lines giving full control and diagnostics
The general operation for both systems.
The cars when loaded by closed moulds, are transferred to a chosen pouring line. At the same time, a poured and cooled casting is removed from the same pouring line and transferred to the shakeout unit.
The poured mould is then wiped off on to a buffet table or the shakeout, leaving the pouring car empty. This car is then transferred back to an empty car return line to be re-loaded and the cycle is finished.
All moulds are indexed towards a pouring area where they are poured, then indexed towards reclamation area whilst they cool down. This will eliminate any need for an overhead crane, bobcat, forklift or shovel operation as well as the corresponding operators and there will be no sand on the floor.
The pouring will take place at the same spots reducing ladle travel distances. The system can be made up of numerous pouring lines in order to stack the same alloys together making pouring even easier. The pouring area is utilized at maximum levels.
FMS can offer a series of options to suit automatic casting lines, please contact us for more informationGRAVITY CASTING & COOLINGAUTOMATED CASTING & COOLING