FMS offer a range of Flood Coating stations including manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic machines that are easily integrated into a range of foundry systems for an efficient mould handling solution.
FMS’ manual Flood Coating stations consist of a simple catchment tray with recirculating pump and tank which enables the customer to re-use excess coating material. This is supplied by a simple operator coating gun.
Semi-Automatic Flood Coating
Our semi-automatic hydraulic tilt stations include an incline belt conveyor. The mould is clamped, then hydraulic cylinders raise and tilt the belt, complete with clamped mould, approximately 110 degrees to allow positioning over the catchment tray and fluid recirculating system.
Key Features of Flood Coating Systems
- Low maintenance pneumatic Diaphragm Pumps.
- Twin filter tanks with auto switch over to allow continuous use while filters are cleaned.
- Holding tank with 2nd diaphragm pump to work with the ‘Pneumix’ agitation system to ensure consistent mixing of the coating material.
- Can be used as a stand-alone unit or in conjunction with the FMS ‘Roll-to-Coat’ unit.
- Available for water or alcohol-based coatings.
Manual Flood Coating Machines
Fully Automatic Flood Coating
FMS’ fully automatic Flood Coating system is the Roll-to-Coat unit which is a rollover type coating machine. The mould is clamped and rotated to a suitable position for flood coating. The catchment tray and coating equipment are separate items and are positioned directly under the Roll-to-Coat unit in a pit (see images below). This unit is suitable for both flask and flask-less systems even if they co-exist.
Key Features of the Roll-to-Coat System
- Two independent clamps with independent pressure settings
- Can coat two moulds at the same time
- Flask and flaskless moulds using the same clamps with no structural change
- Full control and diagnostics with 7″ full-colour HMI touchscreen on the operator panel.
- Clamp pressures adjustable on-screen, fast changeover between pre-set values.
- Two adjustable positions; coating and dripping
- Belt inverter-driven, all hydraulic motions on proportional speed control.
- Can be adapted to fit existing plants
ROLLOVER & STRIP MACHINESRAPID MOULDING SYSTEMCOMPACTION TABLESBESPOKE TABLESMANUAL SYSTEMSCAROUSEL SYSTEMSMOULD STRIPPINGMANIPULATORSEASY CLOSEWIPEOFFFLOOD COATINGTRANSFER CARSSHUTTLE BELTDIVERTER BELTCAROUSEL / ROLLOVERCORING / CLOSING BELTS